Each variable analytics chart provides unique information that can help identify the underlying cause of your chargebacks. This insight can help you solve issues at their source and prevent more chargebacks.
The Chargebacks by Marketing Source chart maps chargebacks to the unique marketing source that generated the original transaction.
This insight helps you determine if a marketing source or advertising campaign is triggering more chargebacks than profits. You can balance conversion rates with chargeback rates and identify low-quality customers that do more harm than good.
To learn more about the practical uses for this chart, read this case study.
Various features allow you to analyze this chart’s data in greater detail and learn more about your chargebacks.
Hover over any bar in the graph. A popup box will display:
- the marketing source being monitored
- the number of transactions the marketing source helped facilitate
- the number of chargebacks filed by customers from the marketing source
- the ratio of chargebacks to transactions
Filtering Data by Source
The default setting for your Chargebacks by Marketing Source chart is to show data for your entire portfolio. However, you have the ability to filter your data and break it down by different sources. For example, maybe you want to view chargeback counts by a particular merchant account or processor.
- Click Entire Portfolio to add a filter (MID, Processor, etc.).
- In the second dropdown list, select specific processors or merchant accounts to analyze.