Do you regularly receive information via email that needs to be shared with the Midigator team? We encourage you to use Gmail’s filter and forward features to automatically share relevant information in real time.
How to Set Up Email Forwarding
The following guide outlines the steps you need to take to enable email forwarding to Midigator.
1. Go into your Gmail account and click the settings gear in the upper right corner of the desktop screen.
2. Click ‘See All Settings’.
3. Click ‘Forwarding and POP/IMAP’.
4. Under the forwarding section, click ‘Add a Forwarding Address’.
5. A popup will appear. Enter this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Click ‘Next’
6. You’ll get another popup asking to confirm the forwarding address. Verify that you have entered the address correctly, and then click ‘Proceed’.
7. Another popup will appear letting you know that a confirmation code has been sent to Midigator. You will need to obtain this verification code so you can enter it into your account. This code tells Google that Midigator has agreed to receive your emails. Please contact Midigator’s support team so we can share this code with you. You can reach us via the chat in Midigator or by emailing email@example.com.
8. Enter the verification code in your Gmail account.
9. When you are rerouted to the settings page, review your forwarding criteria.
- ‘Disable forwarding’ should be selected.
- ‘Forward a copy of incoming mail to’ should not be selected.
You have now enabled email forwarding in your Gmail account. Next, you’ll want to tell Gmail which messages should be forwarded.
How to Set Up Email Filtering
The following guide outlines the steps you need to take to filter emails by their subject line so that relevant messages are sent to Midigator.
1. Go to your inbox and find examples of emails that you would typically forward to Midigator. Make a list of the subject lines associated with the emails you want to forward.
2. Return to the Settings page by clicking the gear icon in the upper right corner of your screen.
3. Click ‘See All Settings’.
4. Next, click ‘Filters and Blocked Addresses’ at the top of the page.
5. Click the ‘Create New Filter’ link.
6. In the popup window, locate the ‘Subject’ field. Enter the first subject line on the list you created.
7. Click ‘Create Filter’.
8. A new popup window will open. Locate the ‘Forward it to:’ field and check the box. In the dropdown menu beside it, select firstname.lastname@example.org. Click the ‘Create Filter’ button.
9. If you have more than one subject line you would like to filter, repeat steps 5-8 for each additional subject line.
You have now completed the forwarding and filtering process. From this point on, any email you receive with a designated subject line will automatically be sent to Midigator’s support team.
If you have any questions about this process, please use the chat feature or email email@example.com to contact a support representative.